Derviş Mansuri Yılmaz, M.D.
Associate Professor in Neurological Surgery
Education and medical training:
1992-1993 Akdeniz University, Faculty of Medicine, Antalya, Turkey
1993-1999 Çukurova University, Faculty of Medicine,Adana,
1999-2005 Çukurova University, Faculty of Medicine, Department of Neurosurgery Adana, Turkey
1999-2005 Research Assistant; Çukurova University, Faculty of Medicine, Deparment of Neurosurgery
2005-2006 Specialist in Neurosurgery, Çukurova University, Faculty of Medicine, Deparment of Neurosurgery
2006-2007 Military Duty; Specialist in Neurosurgery,Merzifon Military Hospital
2007- Specialist in Neurosurgery, Çukurova University, Faculty of Medicine, Deparment of Neurosurgery
Brain and Spinal tumors
Head, Brain, spine, and peripheral nerve trauma
Myelomeningocele and other congenital spinal anomalies (spina bifida)
Tetherd cord sendromu
Hydrocephalus, commonly known as water on the brain
Craniosynostosis, growth plates of the skull fuse before birth, which can cause deformity and brain damage
Cervical, Thoracal, Lumbar disc herniation
Endoscopic cranial surgery
Turkish Neurosurgical Society
- Hacıyakupoğlu, S., D.M. Yılmaz, T. Erman, S. Polat, K.M. Özsoy, M. Vezir, K. Aksoy, M Kaya, “Ultrastructural and biochemical effects of trauma on normal and dehydrated brain,”. Neurosurg Q, 16, 139-143 (2006).
- Erman T., D.M. Yılmaz, M. Tuna, S. Zorludemir, F. İldan, S. Hacıyakupoğlu, “Lhermitte-Duclos Disease (Dysplastic cerebellar gangliocytoma). Review of the literature,”. Neurosurg Q, 17, 142-146 (2007).
- Erman T., D.M. Yılmaz, H. Demirhindi, A. Arslan, M. Tuna, F. İldan, S. Hacıyakupoğlu, “Postsurgical infection: Comparative efficacy of intravenous Cefoperazone/Sulbactam and Cefazoline in preventing surgical site infection after neurosurgery,”. Neurosurg Q, 17 (3), 166-169 (2007).
- Hacıyakupoğlu, S., D.M. Yılmaz, K.M. Özsoy, T. Erman, E. Hacıyakupoğlu, H. Özgür, S. Polat, “Effect of amiloride and Na selenite on ATPase levels, malondialdyhde levels and, superoxide dismutase activity and the histopathological findings after subarachnoid hemorrhage in the pigs,”. Neurosurg Q, 17 (4), 263-267 (2007).
A5. Yılmaz, D.M., K.M. Özsoy, E. Bilgin, A.İ. Göçer, “Slite-Like Arachnoid Valve Due to Post-Traumatic Symptomatic Arachnoid Cyst,” Neurosurg Q,18:146-147 (2008).
- Tuna, M., T. Erman, D.M. Yılmaz, A. Arslan, “Interleukins and Ischemic Stroke: Effect of Neutralization of Rat IL-6 Bioactivity on the Degree of Ischemic Cerebral Damage Caused By Experimental Middle Cerebral Artery Occlusion in the Rat,” Neurosurg Q, 18, 256–260 (2008).
- Erman, T., N.F. Kara, D.M. Yılmaz, A.İ. Göçer, S. Polat, S. Zorludemir, “The Effects of Trapidil on Fibroblastic Activity, Schwann Cell Proliferation, and Platelet-derived Growth Factor Receptor Levels in the Experimental Sciatic Nerve Injury”, Neurosurg Q, 18, 261-268 (2008).
- Tuna, M., T. Erman, D.M. Yılmaz, Arslan A, ” Effect of IL-6 antibody on Na+-K+/Mg+2 ATPase and superoxide dismutase after experimental subarachnoid hemorrhage”. Neurosurg Q, 19 (1), 13-17 (2009).
- Erman, T., D.M. Yılmaz, M. Tuna, S. Zorludemir, “Brucellar cervical spinal epidural abscess. A case report,”. Neurosurg Q, 19 (1), 62-64 (2009).
10.Gündüz, M.,Y. Güneş, H. Özbek, D.M. Yılmaz, G. Işık, “Comparison of Dexmedetomidine or Remifentanil Infusion Combined With Sevoflurane Anesthesia in Craniotomy: Hemodynamic Variables and Recovery”, Neurosurg Q, 19 (2), 116-119 (2009).
- Tuna, M., D.M. Yılmaz, T. Erman, A. Arslan, H. Özgür, S. Polat, ” Effect of neutralization of rat interleukin 6 bioactivity on inducible nitric oxide synthase up-regulation and cerebral ischemic cerebral damage “. Neurological Research, 31, 714-720 (2009).
- Yılmaz, D.M., E. Hacıyakupoğlu, S. Hacıyakupoğlu, S. Polat, H. Özgür, L. Sencar, K. Dağlıoğlu, “Effects of sodium selenite and amiloride on calvarial calcification in closing small cranial defects’. Laboratory investigation”, Journal of Neurosurgery,114,478-484(2011).
- Akgül, E., E. Aksungur., T. Balli., B. Onan., DM. Yılmaz., S. Bıçakçı., T. Erman, Y- Stent-Assisted Coil Embolization of Wide-Neck Intracranial Aneurysms: A single Center Experience, Interventional Neuroradiology, 17(1), (2011).
- Güneş, Y., H. Ünlügenç, D.M. Yılmaz, D. Özcengiz. Management of Acute Craniotomy Pain: The Analgesic Effect of Diclofenac Sodium-Tramadol or Paracetamo-Tramadol., Neurosurg Q, 21: 236-239, (2011).